We don't get much of a bitterly cold winter in California but it does get dry and extremely windy in my neck of the woods. So after seeing all the horrible weather some of my friends back east are going through I thought maybe I'd share a few of my favorite things to beat the winter blues.
Here we go....
1. I absolutely love Spa Ritual!! I can't even tell you how amazing all their products are. Both the Hand Salve and Foot Balm are awesome for cuticle and heel care. Hand Salve before bed and Foot Balm before you put on your shoes. And if you mani/pedi the polishes are gorgeous!!
2. I have been using Nivea lotion since I lived in upstate New York many moons ago. I still remember the day I bought it in the PX. I remember my 20 year old self thinking this stuff is expensive it better work and here I am 21 years later. I want to try the new in the shower body lotion:)
3. I adore everything Rhonda Allison! The Drops of Essence is my favorite. It smells so good! I love lavender and basically anything aromatherapy especially at bedtime. I apply it to my clean face at night before bed. If you want to give it a try it's only $14 for the small size and it lasts at least a month. You won't regret it!
4. Lalicious Sugar Kiss Scrub. Citrus, rose and vanilla sugar. Enough said:)
5. Tory Burch lipstick is total splurge but so creamy and nourishing you can say it's chapstick:) Plus it smells so pretty! Tomboy is my favorite color. Just the thing to pick me up.
6. Demeter Fragrance's I can NOT get enough of! I have 10 and just ordered the one above. They are inexpensive for the scent and staying power. They also have mini splashes for $6!! I love these after my bedtime shower. Are you sensing a theme here lol!! I live for my bedtime shower. Wash off the whole day! All the deodorants, lotions, make up and pollutants. A little Drop of Essence, a little splash and a comfy night shirt makes for a real good bedtime routine:)
7. Tired of wearing the same old t shirts under those sweaters? You have got to check out J. Crew's vintage cotton tees. They are so comfortable and have the best colors. They also wash great. I hang dry them. Best of all they are on sale right now 25 to 50% off!!
8. I wore this top yesterday with dark skinny jeans. ADORABLE!! And only $28!!
9. Soon spring will be here and lighter fare will be so good after all the slow cooker and hearty meals of winter. Weeknight Fresh and Fast is a great cookbook. Gorgeous pictures and easy to do recipes.
10. As we all come out of hibernation maybe a gentle yoga class will be in order. I love yoga! Been at it steadily for the last 18 years and I still can't do a head stand but I can rock the warrior pose:) So don't worry if you feel awkward or stiff. Everyone does. I bought this yoga mat as a treat to myself after going consistently for 8 weeks. Whatever works right:)
Fun stuff right??!!
As a little pick me up for one of you I am going to do a little give away:)
Leave a comment saying what picks you up in the dead of winter and you could be chosen to pick a 1 ounce and a mini splash of the Demeter fragrance of your choice.
I'll draw on Monday the 16th:)